- Residents have many opportunities to participate scholarly activity and are supported financially when they pursue research, posters and/or presentations.
- Residents attend many meetings including Cleveland Dermatological Society, Ohio Dermatological Association, and The American Academy of Dermatology.
- Each resident will complete a quality improvement/patient safety project by the end of their residency.
- Residents are encouraged to attend review courses including the Cleveland Clinic Annual Dermatopathology Self-Assessment Workshop, Indiana University Basic Science Review Course, and Florida Dermatology and Dermatopathology Review Course.
- Residents have 20 elective days in which they can use to spend in any subspecialty, even outside of the MetroHealth System.