Eligibility and Appointment
MetroHealth utilizes the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS)* and participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) as well as the National Matching Services Post Doctoral Dental Matching Program and Post Doctoral Application Support System (PASS).
The application process for residencies and fellowships is specified by each program. Please visit the individual program’s website for application process details.
The minimum documents that must be received:
- Letters of recommendation – must be less than a year old
- Medical Student Performance Evaluations (MSPEs)
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE transcripts
- COMLEX transcripts
- Other supporting credentials
Applicants for any MetroHealth residency program will:
- Hold an appropriate degree for that educational training
- Have a valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) if a foreign medical degree is held
- Consent to reference and background screenings as part of the application process
*Hold a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction
All appointments are subject to final approval by the Board of Trustees.
The MetroHealth System will sponsor H-1B, J-1, and OPT for F-1 Students. Please verify with the program that you are applying for to see which they will sponsor.
*Please note: Our Dentistry program utilizes a different application system. Please visit the program page for more information.