Incoming Residents and Fellows
Congratulations on your position with The MetroHealth System!
The information below will guide you through the documents that you are required to submit to finalize your appointment. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email or call the Graduate Medical Education office or your respective program coordinator's office.
It is very important that you read through all of the materials carefully.
Key to a Successful Onboarding
- Residents and fellows will receive their contracts from the Program Coordinator Please read, sign and return to your Program Coordinator.
State Medical Board of Ohio Training Certificate
- Please watch the tutorial on Ohio State Medical Board website. Applicants must complete the training certificate application and pay the $133.50, nonrefundable fee.
- An incomplete application will delay your license being issued.
- Applications are due April 10, 2020.
National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Please review the instructions on how to apply for a NPI. Please do not apply for an NPI if you do not have a social security number. NPI numbers are due April 10, 2020.
Resident House Staff Association
- More information about our House Officers Association can be found here.
Lab Coat Ordering
- You will be fitted for your lab coats on the day of onboarding.
2020 Orientation Information
You will receive your Hospital Orientation date via email. Please confirm your date with your Program Coordinator.
Monday/Tuesday -June 15 and June 16, 2020. Registration is 7:30 a.m.
Wednesday/Thursday – July 1 and July 2, 2020. Registration is 7:30 a.m.
Orientation is mandatory for all new residents and fellows. Attendance is documented at each new Resident/Fellow Hospital Orientation session.
Each new Resident/Fellow is required to come for a Pre-Employment Screening. This will include:
- A health screening with Employee Health which includes a drug screen via urinalysis.
- The MetroHealth Police Department will acquire a full set of fingerprints for a background check.
- A MetroHealth ID badge will be issued. Please bring 2 forms of identification with you.
MetroHealth does not provide housing. We have collected resources to assist you in researching housing options and information on Cleveland's neighborhoods.