House Officers Association
MetroHealth encourages and supports the Medical Center's active House Officers' Association (HOA). Led by a group of peer-elected individuals, all residents are invited to join the association and/or run for one of the many positions available.
Appointments are for a one-year term and include positions for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Social Coordinator, Community Service and Office of Public Relations. In addition, residents may apply for appointment to one of the many committees that meet throughout the year.
Apply to the HOA
Projects of the House Officers' Association include:
- Free beverage weekly with your HOA card
- Free movie ticket monthly
- Hosting of a winter holiday party
- Joint Halloween Party with UH and Cleveland Clinic House Officers
- Attending recruitment fairs
- Happy Hours at local establishments
- Tickets to various local attractions and events
In addition, the HOA is a formal subcommittee for residents. This venue promotes the discussion of hospital issues and items that are relevant to residency and education. All residents are invited to attend the monthly meetings, submit agenda items, and bring issues to the attention of the Graduate Medical Education Committee.