Goals and Objectives
Dental GPR PGY-1 Goals and Objectives
- To provide each resident with a wide variety of clinical experiences, beyond the level of pre-doctoral education within the scope of General Dentistry. These experiences will include all phases of Oral Health Care Delivery with an emphasis on multidisciplinary comprehensive oral health care under the supervision of an attending dentist.
- To have each resident obtain a broad experience and function effectively in the dental management and treatment of a diverse patient spectrum to include medically compromised under general anesthesia, geriatric, handicapped, and other special needs patients in a hospital setting.
- To enable each resident to participate as effective members of interdisciplinary health care teams in the assessment of needs and delivery of care to various communities, with special emphasis on the underserved population.
- To enable each resident to understand the importance of professional ethics, the necessity of life-long learning and continued education for the health care provider.
- To provide each resident with didactic information and clinical guidance designed to improve their skills in clinical sciences, behavioral management, personnel management, and quality assurance.
Dental GPR PGY-2 Goals and Objectives
- Mentor PGY-1 residents
- Master molar rotary endodontics
- Residents may elect concentrated study in any of the dental subspecialties
- Through their month rotation in Oral Surgery clinic and OR, residents train to
- Preform initial treatment of extra-oral facial pain
- Treatment plan, place and restore dental implants as available
- Manage oral mucosa disease, including performing biopsies when indicated
- Manage TMD and oral facial pain
Through their month rotation in Pediatric clinic and OR, Residents train to
- Provide dental treatment plan to kidssss
- Perform pediatric pulpal care
- Provide stainless steel crowns treatment
- Restore primary teeth with a variety of materials and methods