Aims and Unique Fellowship Characteristics
- Participate in formal training in clinical informatics through scheduled didactic sessions at Case Western Reserve University. Fellows will earn a fully funded 12 credit graduate certificate in Health Informatics from CWRU.
- Become certified as an Epic Physician Builder. Training is fully covered by the program.
- Lead one or more clinical informatics project(s) related to clinical information systems installed within a Case Western Reserve University affiliated healthcare system.
- Continue part-time (30%) clinical practice within a Case Western Reserve University affiliated healthcare system.
- Receive a faculty appointment at Case Western Reserve University.
- Begin working as an Associate Director of Clinical Informatics in your clinical area.
- Heavy focus on applied clinical informatics.
- Work with a dedicated interdisciplinary team of over 40 clinical informatics professionals who have created and maintain an electronic record that is in the top 1% nationally (based on Healthcare Information Management System Society HIMSS) criteria).
Our Clinical Informatics Fellowship Program strives to achieve the following goals:
- To help produce the next generation of physician informatics leaders who will help guide and lead the implementation and use of clinical information systems to improve healthcare and health.
- To offer an innovation clinical informatics training program focusing on applied clinical informatics.
- To create an educational environment that fosters scholarly activity with an emphasis on applied clinical informatics.
- To promote a nurturing and collaborative atmosphere that encourages fellow wellness, personal growth, and camaraderie.
- To recruit and develop exemplary faculty and fellows who have a passion for learning, teaching, service, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- To use technology to promote the health and well-being of our community and help the MetroHealth System to continue to be a national leader in applied clinical informatics.