The Addiction Medicine Fellowship will include clinical experiences in the initial acute care management, acute rehabilitation, and outpatient management of persons with substance use disorders. During the various clinical rotations, the fellow will have the opportunity to work with attending physicians with varying backgrounds including psychiatry, family medicine, internal medicine, and emergency medicine.
Each of the faculty bring a unique set of experiences and expertise to the management of patients. Clinical experiences will be integrated across the training such that the fellow sees a range of patients spanning the spectrum from acute intoxication and withdrawal to long term rehabilitation.
Several unique features of this fellowship include:
- Exposure to a dual diagnosis inpatient unit and an acute rehabilitation inpatient unit
- Case finding and treatment in the Emergency Department
- A longitudinal clinic within a community mental health center
- Optional electives in a methadone clinic and in the HIV clinic
- Extensive experience in a pain management clinic
- Exposure to patients across a range of inpatients through the consult service
- Didactic education in conjunction with the City-wide addiction medicine grand rounds