Prabhu S Parimi, M.D., MBA
Professor of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University
Research Interests: Neonatal gut microbiome and its influence on outcomes in BPD, congenital heart disease etc, NAS.
1. NIH. ACT NOW Randomized Blinded Trial to Shorten Pharmacologic Treatment of Newborns with Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome (NOWS) (ACT NOW Weaning). (Co-PI; % time being determined). 09-2020-Present
2. NIH. Renal Injury Sequelae in NICU Graduates "ARISING (Pending Review)
3. NICHD-2014-FUR01. Safety of Furosemide in Premature Infants at Risk for Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia. Phase II Trial. Matthew M Laughton, MD (PI). Effort: 10%. 10/2016-12/2019
4. Florida State Government. Methadone demonstration Project. Cindy Driscoll (PI). $350,000 award. Role: Co-PI. Effort: 10%. 7/2017-6/2019Anonymous Donor. Johns Hopkins All Children’s Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Program. Prabhu Parimi, (PI/Project Champion). $2,500,000. Effort 30%. 7/2017-12/2019
Published works in My Bibliography on National Library of Medicine:
Selected Recent Publications:
1. Guillen J, Ramey S, Parimi PS. Congenital Adhesion Band Presenting as Intestinal Perforation in an Extremely Low Birth Weight Infant. AJP Rep. 2021 Jan;11(1):e1-e4. doi: 10.1055/s-0040-1722729. Epub 2021 Jan 13. PMID: 33457073; PMCID: PMC7806359.
2. Kelly LE, Caswell K, Short MA, Parimi PS, Offringa M, Diacovo T. Response biomarkers in neonatal intervention studies. Pediatr Res. 2018 Feb;83 (2):425-430
3. Newkirk M, Shakeel F, Parimi P, Rothpletz-Puglia P, Patusco R, Marcus AF, Brody R. Comparison of Calorie and Protein Intake of Very Low Birth Weight Infants Receiving Mother's Own Milk or Donor Milk When the Nutrient Composition of Human Milk Is Measured With a Breast Milk Analyzer. Nutr Clin Pract. 2018 Mar 30.
4. Pradeep Alur, Sriharsha Talluri, Vishwarath Bollampalli, Theodore Bell, Jonathan Liss, Prabhu Parimi. Hypoglycemia occurs frequently in very low birth weight premature infants with cholestasis. International Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics. Vol 4, No 5, 2017. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2349.3291.ijcp20173766
5. Friedman D, Domacho J, Wong P, Parimi PS, Garcia D, Marcus M, McLaurin KM, Kumar V, Ambrose C. "Perceived Risk of Severe Respiratory Syncytial Virus Disease and Immunoprophylaxis Use Among US Pediatric Specialists". Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2016 Jul;55(8):724-37