Research and Scholarly Activity
Our residency program has been associated with Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine for over 100 years. We are an academic institution and our faculty, residents, and fellows are actively involved in research and often present at national conferences and meetings.
- American College of Physicians Internal Medicine Conference
- American College of Physicians Ohio /Air Force Chapter Meeting
- American College of Cardiology
- American Society of Hematology
- American Thoracic Society
- Clinical Congress of Rheumatology
- Digestive Disease Week
- European League Against Rheumatism (virtual 2020)
- Heart and Rhythm Society
- MetroHealth Annual Research Symposium
- North American Young Rheumatology Investigator Forum
- Society of General Internal Medicine Annual Meeting
- Society of General Internal Medicine Midwest Regional Meeting
Resources available to our residents include:
- An outstanding clinical informatics group.
- An EMR (Epic) rated as one of the nation’s most highly integrated and robust system.
- Dedicated biostatistician support.
- Opportunities for bench as well as clinical research.
- Financial support to present scholarship at national and regional meetings.
- Access to big data tools available to residents for research projects.
- Scholarship opportunities through the Center for Reducing Health Disparities.
- Access to Case Western Reserve University online resources.
Residents may also attend the Introduction to Clinical Research Summer Series offered at the medical school which provides them with foundational skills to complete an independent research project.