Salary and Benefits
View the resident/fellow contract
Annual stipends for 2022-2023
PGY 1 $60,881
PGY 2 $62,691
PGY 3 $64,563
PGY 4 $66,830
PGY 5 $69,784
PGY 6 $72,030
PGY 7 $74,651
PGY 8 $76,107
Resident Medical, Parental, Caregiver Leave
- GME Resident, Medical Parental, Caregiver, and Leave Policy (PDF)
- Professional Leave: Determined by department policy.
Meals are available for purchase in the hospital cafeteria using cash or by signing up for the Cashless Card System (payroll deduction).
There are a couple medical plans to choose from. An employee contribution is required for each plan.
- Dental and Vision plans are also available at a discounted rate.
- Basic Life Insurance is provided to the employee. Additional coverage is available at minimal cost.
- Long Term Disability Insurance is optional and is available for purchase through payroll deduction.
- Workman’s Compensation provides medical expense coverage for on-the-job injuries.
MetroHealth participates in the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) plan. Employee's OPERS contribution is 10% of the annual salary. The hospital will contribute 14% for each employee. OPERS takes the place of social security deductions.
There are three choices available for you to manage your OPERS funds during your employment as well as when employment is terminated.
The hospital is self-insured and each resident is covered under the program of self-insurance and indemnity. The program provides occurrence coverage for residents while acting within the scope of their duties and employment. The limit of the self-insurance program is $3 million per occurrence.
MetroHealth Medical Center also purchases excess insurance that would respond should a claim exceed $3 million. This is also an occurrence form of coverage.
Safety and Security
- All employees are required to wear a MetroHealth Medical Center Identification Badge.
- The MetroHealth Police Department is a full-service police department that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Escort service is available during late evening hours.
- Secure, lighted parking is available on the medical center campus. The current parking rate is $2.50 per day.
- Direct Deposit of your paycheck is mandatory. You may use any bank and/or credit union account of your choice for deposits to either savings, checking or both.
- The hospital has two ATMs on-premises.
- The House Staff Association is made up of the residents and fellows of MetroHealth Medical Center. Activities of the association include social hours, community service projects, hospital projects and many activities throughout the year. Residents are asked to consent to a $7.00 per bi-weekly pay deduction to cover house staff dues.
- Lab coats and scrubs are provided for each resident and are laundered free of charge.
- On-call rooms are assigned to individual services to guarantee ample on-call sleeping facilities.
- Please note that we do not provide permanent or temporary housing.
- The hospital has a medical library available 24 hours a day. In addition to ClinicalKey, MDConsult, UpToDate and other electronic references, an inter-library loan service is available.
- All residents are provided a hospital email account. Residents are required to use this email account for residency and hospital-related business.
- All residents are provided with an alpha pager.