Breast Imaging Fellowship
The MetroHealth Medical Center Breast Imaging Fellowship is accepting applications for a one-year fellowship in breast imaging, with the option of a combined 6-month breast and 6-month body imaging fellowship or a 6-month breast only fellowship.
MetroHealth Medical Center is a teaching affiliate of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and provides breast health services to the greater Cleveland, OH region performing 30,000+ breast imaging exams annually.
Our section is responsible for breast imaging and intervention throughout the MetroHealth System, which includes a central diagnostic and therapeutic breast imaging center and multiple satellite facilities.
As a breast imaging fellow, you will interpret a wide range of breast imaging studies and learn to proficiently perform breast imaging procedures.
- Imaging studies include system wide 3D tomosynthesis screening, diagnostic mammograms and ultrasound, MRI and screening ABUS for dense breast patients.
- Breast interventional procedures include minimally invasive stereotactic and ultrasound guided core and vacuum assisted biopsies, MRI biopsy and MagSeed localization.
- Our fellow will also participate in a bi-weekly multidisciplinary tumor board.
Application Deadline: January 1
Applications will be accepted starting September 1 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
All applicants must have completed an ACGME approved (or equivalent) residency training program in diagnostic radiology and be board-certified or eligible by the American Board of Radiology.
A license to practice medicine in Ohio before the start of the fellowship is required.
You will be contacted via email regarding arranging an interview. We will begin interviewing late winter into early spring.
A completed application includes:
- SBI’s Universal Application
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum vitae
- USMLE transcript (unofficial copy), COMLEX equivalent, or ECFMG certificate (for foreign applicants)
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from the residency program director. Letters must be emailed directly from the letter writer or administrative assistant to Kelly Vogel ([email protected]).
Application and supporting material should be sent via email to:
Breast Fellowship Coordinator
Our program is participating in the NRMP match. The match is sponsored by the Society of Breast Imaging and it will be managed by the National Resident Matching Program (NMRP). To become a fellow at MetroHealth Medical Center, you must register with the Radiology Match.
We have implemented the all-in policy for the match and will not extend offers to candidates outside the match. Applicants can withdraw from the match prior to the ranking deadline if they accept a position outside of the match.
Please see the Society of Breast Imaging and National Residency Match Program websites for information on dates of the match.
Applicants will pay a $75 registration fee to register for the match through NRMP.
For more information about our Breast Imaging Fellowship, please contact:
Christina Clemow, DO
Section Head, Breast Imaging and Intervention
Fellowship Director, Breast Imaging
Email: [email protected]