Psychiatry Residency Application Process
Applications to the Psychiatry Residency are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) only. For more information, visit the ERAS website. Questions about the program can be directed to the Program Coordinator.
- Medical School Transcripts
- Dean’s Letter
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation, recommended to have two from psychiatrists within one year prior to the start date of residency
- Personal Statement
- Minimum score of 200 on USMLE Step I and Step II
- Minimum score of 500 on COMLEX
- Pass of COMLEX, USMLE Steps I and II by the second attempt.
- For International Applicants: It is recommended to have three months of US clinical experience in psychiatry
- Years since medical school graduate recommended to be within three years
- ECFMG certification (if applicable)
Application deadline is December 1 of the year prior to start. We interview candidates on Wednesdays from November through January of the year prior to start. All interviews will be virtual only.