The Psychiatry Residency Program at MetroHealth provides you with outstanding on-the-job training experiences, superb mentorship and individualized education plans that will lay the foundation for the rest of your career. We oﬀer our residents a rewarding, enriching life that enhances your potential to become a skilled psychiatrist.
Highlights of our residency program include:
- Outstanding training in a county hospital system with an integrated care model
- Clinical training in a new, 112-bed state of the art Behavioral Health Hospital, comprised of a Mood disorder unit and Thought disorder unit. The hospital will also be home to a Geriatric unit, Psychiatric ICU, Psych Med unit, Adolescent unit, and Dual-diagnosis unit by the end of 2023.
- In depth and robust Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry and Emergency Psychiatry experiences at the new, state of the art MetroHealth Glick Center
- Robust and balanced biological and psychotherapy training
- Six months of elective time during residency training to accomplish your academic and research goals
- Clear educational core values
- Our affiliation with Case Western Reserve University allows our Psychiatry residents to interact with a diverse group comprised of faculty, resident trainees, medical students, and professionals from other healthcare systems.
- Globally diverse, friendly group of faculty and residents
- Comprehensive training with community-based psychiatry and psychotherapy along with the flexibility to rotate in multiple electives.
- Signiﬁcant depth and level of expertise of faculty in most clinical and academic areas
- Cleveland!! There is an awesome food scene, beautiful parks, sports teams, museums, festivals, and many other things to do whether you are single or will be arriving with family.
We look forward to talking with you about how MetroHealth can assist you in achieving success in this important next stage of your career.
Graduate Medical Education Information
About GME | GME FAQs | Inclusion, Diversity and Racial Equity | Incoming Residents and Fellows | Living in Cleveland | Resident Well-Being | Salary and Benefits