- Create an environment of diversity that includes faculty, residents and patients and maintain a commitment to underserved care and community medicine. Train residents who are committed to high-quality underserved primary care wherever they choose to practice.
- Train residents who have strength in evidence -based/academic medicine with a consistent breadth of knowledge enabling them to achieve board certification at the first attempt.
- Train residents who excel at team-based care, leadership, communication and demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of medicine.
- Build a program that sets the standard in outpatient education in all facets of care, including communication, evidence-based medicine, team-based care, population health and community engagement. This includes training and maintaining an excellent teaching and precepting faculty base.
- Enable both faculty and residents to find and maintain joy in Family medicine, in daily professional responsibilities and in their career paths overall.